Friday took a suitably modern twist Of Show hit . In this episode, Breaking the Fourth Wall, Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) expands the boundaries of Westview to save Vision (Paul Bettany), after she dies Sitcom town.
In doing so, he dragged astrophysicist Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennig) and dozens of government agents into his false world. However, SWORD agent Monica Rambue (Teyonah Parris) and FBI man Jimmy Wu (Randall Park) survived the expansion, as they left to meet Monica’s mysterious aerospace engineer friend.
This is SPOILER time.
It’s all together
In a deeply unsaturated (but beautifully executed) twist, it kicks outAgnes (Katherine Hahn) was a badass the whole time. Wanda enters her cramped basement in search of her missing twins, and Agnes reveals herself to Dion Agatha Harkness. Reveals that she was responsible for everything wrong or strange at Westview, including From Pietro Maximoff (Evan Peters).
“And meToo, “she says, infrequent.
This step is far away Agatha. Killer theme song though.
A big bad?
There are some indications that there is another force at work – including the super chief cicada on screen in Agatha’s living room. It is not a million miles from a fly, a form that the demon Mephisto took in his first chronological appearance. I’m sure the MCU Spider-Man is not married.
“Ralph says, I talk supercat,” Agatha recounts (and suggests that she is worse than her), during one of her interviews.
Also, where the heck are Tommy and Billy? This whole front is probably a plan to capture the superpowered children of Wanda and Vision, so … success?
Monica arrives at Agatha’s house and prepares to sneak into the basement, but is shocked by a creepy Pitro (who is under Agatha’s control).
“Snoop with Snoopers,” he says.
It is possible that Agatha and Pietro are in for a surprise, as they do not know of Monica gaining superpower. It is possible that Agatha pulled her out of the X-Men universe to manipulate Wanda.
Monica pushes through the Hex Barrier and is back at Westview, her DNA has been rewritten and she has gained some merit. He can feel the electromagnetic spectrum, as in an electric arch, and appears to have absorbed kinetic energy when Wanda slams him onto the pavement.
In the comics, he was empowered to transform any form of energy within the electromagnetic spectrum after being bombarded by extra-dimensional energies. And the sword outfit she wore for her second trip to Westview is sure to look like her modern comics costume.
Voices in the barrier
As he is thrust through the barrier, Monica hears a bunch of familiar voices – mostly flashbacks. Speakers include her late mother Maria, Monica’s younger self, Nick Fury (!) And Carol Danvers (aka Captain Marvel).
Maria: “No, no, I can’t. I can’t leave Monica.”
Young Monica: “Mummy, it’s okay. I can live with grandma and pop-pop.”
Maria: “No way I’m going, baby. It’s too dangerous.”
Young Monica: “Mother, maybe I could fly and meet you halfway.”
Fury: “Only if you learn to shine like your Aunt Carol.”
Maria: “And you were the most powerful person I knew.”
: “Your mother, she died, honey.”
Jimmy: “She was truly an inspiration. Sorry.”
Carol: “Your mother is lucky. When they were handing over the children, they gave her the hardest.”
New films coming in 2021: James Bond, Marvel and more
See all photos
Joining the circus
Darcy finds himself in the Westview role of an escape artist in the circus, but the vision wakes him up and he fills him with his entire history. Now she is aware of the full trauma Wanda’s experienceKills him to prevent Thanos from being a Mind Stone, only to see him die again after Thanos reverses. The film is so fast-paced that I had not thought about how terrible it would be.
It is five years in the universe since those events, but Wanda was among those who flew away and only returned. So that the trauma is very fresh.
SWORD gets faster
We only get a moment with the flirtatious acting sword director Tyler Hayward (Josh Stamberg), but he is determined to launch a strike against Wanda today. Her goons have mentioned that the Wandavision sitcom is no longer airing – perhaps because Wanda is taking her to my day or Agatha starts blocking her as she prepares to move him.
Jimmy also doesn’t get much to do, but he confirms with Darcy’s email that Hayward wanted the vision back online. It eventually took Wanda’s power to achieve this.
“Hayward wants his emotional weapon back,” says Monica.
Fan theories suggested that Monica’s aerospace engineer would be friendsOr the energy absorbing hero Blue Marvel – Nah, man. Major Goodner and his team are apparently loyal to Monica, but do not mention working for anyone else.
It still hints at a faction of swords that will stick with Monica, who will likely try to replace Hayward as director, as that plot thread comes to a head.
thisAntidepressant is for nexus , Tony Stark discovered at the NEXUS Internet Hub that JARVIS (AI that would become the Vision) dispersed his artificial consciousness on the web in order to stop Ultron.
In the comics, Nexus is a cross-dimensional gateway that provides a path to various realities – combining it with an antidepressant that fits with Wanda’s attempt to create her own reality to survive her trauma. It may tie in with the upcoming film.
“A unique antidepressant that serves to anchor you back to your reality. Or your reality of choice,” the ad says. “Side effects include feeling your emotions, facing your truth, seizing your destiny and possibly more depression.”
Just before Monica confronts Wanda, we see her taking some pills from the bottle with a similar looking label.
Even in the comics, Wanda is a Nexus Being – something whose power can affect probability and change the flow of time. Such people are monitored by the Time Variance Authority, a group that will appear in.
Overview and WTF questions
- Intro rises on the office and modern family.
- “I know what you’re doing Wanda” flashes across the screen during intro in the style of a ransom note. This may be a sign that Tommy and Billy have been kidnapped.
- Katherine Hahn is credited as one of the singers in “It Was ______ All Along”, which also sounds a lot like The Munsters theme tune (and a bit like the Addams Family).
- “I actually did bite a child once.” Sounds like Agatha need her own Disney Plus series.
- Objects are changing between periods of time, which suggests that Wanda is losing control. Or has Agatha taken control of her?
- “Don’t believe the man he has said. He is not your uncle.” After wanda Pietro, she suddenly warns Tommy and Billy about her. What his Did the sight of death shake him out of his confusion?
- The voices Billy is hearing are the true personalities of the residents of Westview. Agnes / Agatha is “cool” because her personality is not being suppressed.
- Agatha senses an inexperienced Monica getting through Wanda before being interrupted, who is expected to return from the brink of Wanda.
- “Do you think it’s probably worth you?” Agatha says as the interviewer suggests that she is punishing Wanda.
- You can hear when Wanda walks the rabbit into Agatha’s living room by Senator Scratchy. The rabbit may actually be familiar with Agatha’s cat, Ebony.
- The brief appearance in Tommy and Billy’s controllers Pad – Definitely the best ones. They also use , But I don’t think the console nearly needs my public support.
- Why couldn’t Darcy and Vision get out?
Join us for more Easter eggs and comments next Friday, whenWandaVision Disney Plus hits.
Caitlin Petrakovit of CNET contributed to this recurrence.