UFC 259 is almost here. Forgot, forget it – It is a card of cards. This is the one you should be excited about. Fights three titles. three. And not only any title fights, are very good.
The main event is particularly exciting. UFC Middleweight Shamp (and Mega-Star In-Waiting) Israel Adesanya advances a weight class to become the UFC’s latest “Shamp-Shamp”. He landed against the recently crowned UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jan Blashovic.
Blachowicz is a demonic hitter and Adesanya may be the best pure striker in the UFC. As long as it lasts, this matured / bull match is sure to keep everyone on the edge of their seat.
But we also get to see consensus all-time best female fighter Amanda Nunes defending her winged crown against Australian star Megan Anderson. Outside of a rematch with Kris Cyborg, this is probably the biggest female UFC fight. Can’t wait for that one.
UFC: At Bantamweight, we probably get a title fight in the most heavily-held division. Petr Yan vs. Alzamine Sterling is a battle between two of the best bantamwets in the world right now. Can’t wait to see how it plays out.
How to watch UFC 259
This year UFC formed a new partnership with ESPN. This is great news for UFC and MMA’s expansion of the game, but bad news for consumer choice. Especially if you are one of the fans of UFC who want to see UFC live in America.
In the US, if you want to know how to watch UFC 259, you will only find fight nights on PPV via ESPN Plus. The cost structure is a bit misleading, but here are options to watch UFC on ESPN, according to ESPN’s site:
- Current annual ESPN Plus subscribers can order an upcoming UFC fight for $ 70.
- Existing monthly ESPN Plus customers will be able to either upgrade to an annual plan and purchase the UFC PPV for $ 85 or the ability to view the UFC event on the PPV itself for $ 70.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a UFC PPV event (streaming in HD) and a bundle of ESPN Plus annual recurring memberships for $ 90. This is a decent deal. The previous bundle gave a savings of 25% but this new bundle is a 35% savings. ESPN Plus annual ESPN membership will auto-renew after one year, at the expense of ESPN Plus annual subscription at the time of auto-renewal.
You can do all of the above at the link below.
MMA fans in The uk You can see UT259 exclusively through BT Sport. If you live there are more options Australia. You can watch UFC 259 through the main event on Foxtel. You can also watch on the UFC website or using its app. You can also order using your PlayStation or using the UFC app on your Xbox.
Based on previous UFC times, this is the schedule we expect …
- The main card starts on March 6, 10 pm ET (7 pm PT).
- Prelims begin on March 6, 8 pm ET (5 pm PT).
- Preliminary prelims begin on March 6, 6.00 pm ET (3.00 pm PT).
- The main card starts at 7 pm GMT on March 7.
- Prelims begin on March 7, 1 pm GMT.
- Preliminary prelims begin on March 6, 11.00 am GMT.
- The main card starts at 7pm AEDT on 2 March.
- Prelims begin on March 7, 12 pm AEDT.
- Preliminary prelims begin on March 7, 10.00 am AEDT.
Given how unstable and fluid previous fight cards have been in the COVID-19 era, it is expected that this will cut and change. I fully expect to see some more fights.
- Jan Blachowicz vs Israel Adesanya
- Amanda Nunes vs Megan Anderson
- Petr Yav vs Aljamen Sterling
- Thiago Santos vs Alexander Roc
- Dominic Cruz vs Casey Kenny
- Song Yadong vs Kylar Phillips
- Kennedy Nachukwu vs Carlos Ulberg
- Sean brady vs jake matthew
- Rogerio Bontorin vs Kai Cara France