came back! Only after fighting – mainly because of – McGregor is fighting again at UFC 257, against perennial lightweight contender Dustin Poire.
With current UFC lightweight championAll but officially retiring, the competition is seen by many as a title eliminator. The most likely winner will fight for the belt under the track in 2021, possibly against Charles Oliveira. Depending on how the negotiations between Nurmagomedov and UFC President Dana White take place next week or the following, there is a chance that White leaves the Poore and McGregor queue, leading to this contest for the belt.
The fight takes place on the UFC’s Fight Island in Abu Dhabi.
This is not the first time this fight has taken place. McGregor comfortably beat Poore the last time he fought six years ago at UFC 178, but Poir has improved dramatically since then. He defeated Max Holloway for the UFC Interim Lightweight Championship and,, The present light king. .
Despite Poirier’s improvements, most odds are McGregor as an obvious favorite in this boxing. TheirWith the combined, style matchup, most people see it as a favorable fight for McGregor. Poirier is primarily a boxer and McGregor is still the fastest striker at 155 pounds.
McGregor also appears in unprecedented shape and, according to most reports, he is as motivated as he was when he walked his first featherweight. We might be in for something special with this performance.
But outside of the blockbuster main event, the UFC 257 run is deep. Michael Chandler is making his UFC debut in a compelling co-main event against the Battle of the Night machine Dan Hooker, and the undercard is drawn with names like Joan Calderwood and Shane Burgos. There are a lot of great matchups.
Connor McGregor is known for his great performances during the UFC press conference, but we do not have an official date. Expect an official time soon. The UFC press conference usually takes place in the middle of the week, so you can expect some kind of event from the UFC between 18 and 21 January. We will update as soon as we listen and embed a link below.
How to watch UFC 257
This year UFC formed a new partnership with ESPN. This is great news for UFC and MMA’s expansion of the game, but bad news for consumer choice. Especially if you are one of the fans of UFC who want to see UFC live in America.
However, it is worth noting that UFC has introduced PPV prices from UFC 257.
In the US, if you want to know how to watch UFC 257, you will find Fight Night on PPV via ESPN Plus. The cost structure is a bit misleading, but here are options to watch UFC on ESPN, according to ESPN’s site:
- Current annual ESPN Plus subscribers can order an upcoming UFC fight for $ 70.
- Existing monthly ESPN Plus customers will be able to either upgrade to an annual plan and purchase a UFC PPV for $ 85 or the ability to view the UFC event itself on PPV for $ 70.
- New ESPN Plus subscribers can purchase a UFC PPV event (streaming in HD) and a bundle of ESPN Plus annual recurring memberships for $ 90. This is a decent deal. The previous bundle gave a savings of 25% but this new bundle is a 35% savings. ESPN Plus annual ESPN membership will auto-renew after one year, at the expense of ESPN Plus annual subscription at the time of auto-renewal.
You can do all of the above at the link below.
MMA fans in The uk One can view UT257 exclusively through BT Sport. If you live there are more options Australia. You can watch UFC 257 through the main event on Foxtel. You can also watch on the UFC website or using its app. You can also order using your PlayStation or using the UFC app on your Xbox.
The card has not been finalized, but based on previous UFC times, this is what we expect …
- The main card starts on January 23, 10 pm ET (7 pm PT).
- Prelims begin on January 23, at 8 pm (5 pm PT).
- Preliminary prelims begin on January 23, 6.30 pm ET (3.30 pm PT).
- The main card starts January 24, 3 pm GMT.
- Prelims begin on January 24, 1 pm GMT.
- Preliminary prelims begin January 23, 11.30am GMT.
- The main card starts at 2 pm on January 24.
- Prelims begin on January 24, 12 noon AEDT.
- Preliminary prelims begin on January 24, 10.30 am AEDT.
It is far from final at this point. We will update when more fights are announced.
- Connor McGregor vs Dustin Pourier
- Michael Chandler vs Dan Hooker
- Jessica I vs Joan Calderwood
- Khalil Raunri Jr. vs Marcin Prencio
- Marina Rodriguez vs Amanda Ribas
- Brad Tavares vs. Antonio Carlos Jr.
- Matt Frevola vs Ottman Azitar
- Shane Burgos vs Hakim Davodu
- Andrew Sanchez vs Andre Muniz