The Best Cheap Kindle Deals for August 2020: Paperwhite and Oasis
Digital Trends can earn a commission when you make a purchase through a link on our site.
The Kindle e-reader, the most convenient way for readers to pick up your personal library wherever you go, is on sale this week. The base Kindle model has a built-in front light so you can’t disturb others and read too much wherever you are. In addition to frequently discounted deals on various Kindle models, you can often find sales on 2-packs, special pricing on Kindle bundled with accessories, and sophisticated models. Amazon often adjusts prices on Kindle, Kindle bundles and Kindle refurbished units, so make sure to check the deals you want to see often today.
Today’s Best Kindle Deals
- – $ 70Was $ 90
- – $ 128Was $ 143
- – $ 140Was $ 190
- – $ 176Was 220 dollars
- – $ 290Was $ 320
Kindle (2019 edition, latest)
The 10th-generation Kindle e-reader features a 6-inch glare-free screen with 167 pixels per inch (PPI) resolution and front lighting so you can read anytime, anywhere. The on-board 4GB storage is enough to hold thousands of book titles and the rechargeable battery lasts for weeks.
Kindle Paperwhite (2019 edition, latest)
The Kindle Paperwhite upgrades the standard Kindle with a high resolution 300 PPI screen, a waterproof case, and a minimum of 8 GB of storage.
Kindle Oasis (2019 edition, latest)
The Kindle Oasis is a premium model, with a 7-inch, 300 PPI screen and near-infinite light adjustment, warm lighting, and automatic adjustment light sensors.
Kindle Kids Edition (2019 edition, latest)
The Kindle Kids Edition comes with filtered edge-appropriate content, a one-year subscription to Freetime Unlimited, and parent dashboards to adjust age filters, add book titles to a child’s library, and monitor reading. In the event of a breakdown of the e-reader, the Kids version comes with a guarantee of a two-year free replacement, suitable for children seven years and older.
How to choose a burn
The Kindle Kids Edition is a special case, but otherwise, the following are the basic ideas to help you choose a Kindle e-reader.
- Screen size and resolution: The Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite have six-inch diagonal screens, and the Kindle Oasis screen is larger in 7-inch diagonal measurements. The Kindle has 167 pixels per inch resolution, but Paperwhite and Oasis both have 300 PPI (more pixels per inch is better).
- Display light: All current model Kindles have glare-free screens with front lights so you can read at night and in the sun. The Kindle has 4 LEDs, Paperwhite has 5 LEDs, and Oasis uses 25 LEDs. More LEDs mean more light adjustability
- storage capacity: Even the Kindle’s 4GB of on-device storage can hold thousands of books, but Paperwhite and Oasis each come in 8GB and 32GB models. The 32GB model costs an additional $ 30.
- contact: All Kindles can connect to Wi-Fi to access and download the title of the book. You can also buy 32GB Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis models with Wi-Fi and free cellular connectivity. The mobile connection allows you to download books without a Wi-Fi connection. Upgrading the cellular model costs $ 50 to $ 80.
- Water damage protection: Both the Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis have IPX8-rated waterproof protection.
What do special offers mean on Kindle?
Here’s an easy way to save $ 20: Buy a Kindle with special offers. Amazon sells all Kindles with or without a special offer, except for Kids Edition. Kindle with special offers sponsored screensavers and sales banners below the e-reader home screen. If you’re fine with waking up your device to sleep mode, you can save $ 20. Kindle Kids Edition does not include special offers.
Should You Buy A Sophisticated Kindle?
Yes. Even when Amazon doesn’t have deals on the new Kindle, you can often save big by buying a refurbished model. Amazon cannot re-sell returned products as new, even when they were never used, so that other buyers have a chance to save money. Amazon tests and certifies that refined Kindles look and function similar to the new model and back them up with the same warranty as the new device. Buying a refurbished unit is a safe way to save on electronics. Amazon does such a large scale of business, even having a page for it.
Digital Trends can earn commissions on products purchased through our link, which supports the work we do for our readers.