Social Grants are disbursed to millions of beneficiaries in South Africa by the South African Social Security Agency. The child grant has started from 5, Disability grant from 4, and older grant from 3, January 2024.
SASSA Payment Dates January 2024
Here are the dates for January 2024 SASSA payments, especially the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) payment dates on the 25th and 31st of the month. SASSA payments are currently being processed from January 3rd to January 7th of that year.
Financial stress can also be reduced by locating inexpensive ways to get ready for school and work. In addition to giving families helpful advice on how to get ready for the upcoming year without going over budget, this article summarises the January 2024 SASSA payment dates.
|3 January 2024
|4 January 2024
|Child Benefit Grant
|5 January 2024
|25 to 31st January 2024
January 25–31, 2024, is when the SRD grant payments are scheduled to occur. According to SASSA’s allocation closer to the time, the precise date will vary. If you want the most recent information, it’s important to follow official SASSA announcements or get in touch.
How to check the Status of SASSA Payment?
Via the official SASSA website, you can easily find out the status of your SASSA Grant. Just adhere to these recent, revised steps:
- On the SASSA website, hit
- Kindly provide your South African ID and the phone number that you used to apply.
- After you have input all required data, press the “Submit” button.
- The application’s current status approved, rejected, or pending will then appear on the website.
Who is eligible to apply for SASSA Grants 2024?
The SASSA pension grants are given out in accordance with certain requirements for eligibility, such as:
- A South African citizen is required.
- They ought to be sixty years old or older.
- They must not be in receipt of any additional SASSA social grants.
- They should not make more than R 86,280 to R 172,560 a year, depending on their particular situation.
- The child must be under 18 to be eligible for child grants.
How to apply for SASSA Grants?
If a person meets these requirements, they must apply by following the steps listed below.
- Determine out SASSA’s official portal.
- Then, you can find their benefits program on the main page.
- Pick any program that applicants are submitting applications for.
- Following that, a form must be completed and some documentation must be supplied for verification.
- Hit the submit button once you’ve ended the process.
The applicant may have their confirmation in the course of two months.
What are SASSA Grants and their Payments?
In South Africa, SASSA grants are awarded according to a variety of criteria. The SASSA Grants are listed below.
- Children under the age of eighteen receive monthly financial aid through this grant to help with their daily needs and expenses.
- The children who benefit from this program get R 510 a month.
- These grants are given to provide better facilities for the children to grow up in.
- The primary caregiver, grandparents, or parents may benefit from this.
Older Pension Grant
- Citizens over 60-74 can apply for these grants from the SASSA to get financial assistance of R2090.
- The elderly folks are able to access their monthly expenses because they receive enough grants each month through this.
- The maximum monthly benefit under this program is R 2110 for the individual over 75.
- These grants are offered by the SASSA to disabled individuals who are older than eighteen.
- Those who are unable to work and take care of themselves are the recipients of these grants.
- These grants were provided by the government to individuals who are physically and mentally impaired.
- The person gets R2,090 per month in DG.
SRD R350 Grant
- The term SASSA SRD R350 Payment designates a unique COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD Sassa) award that is administered by the Social Security Agency of South Africa (SASSA).
- The purpose of its introduction was to offer short-term financial support to people who are more susceptible because of the COVID-19 pandemic’s economic effects. Monthly grant payments total R350.
Go to Homepage To Get Relevant Information.