If there’s ever been a reason to join Twitter, it has to be the ongoing online “feud” between Hollywood stars Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds. Over the years, the pair have given backhanded compliments to each other’s movies, poked fun at each other, weaponized beverage companies that they slyly cut each other off and often ended up together for no apparent reason. – Insult another. It’s been such a long-term thing, in fact, that many late to the party might not even know how the pair came to trade consistently in the keyboard sense in the first place. Well, on a recent podcast, Reynolds was able to explain to those who really want to know what the source of the back and forth is.
While many are addicted to Reynolds, who treats Jackman as an opportunity to dig into anything greatest showman star, but . On smartless Podcast with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes, and Will Arnett, Reynolds actually chose to answer a question about their humorous feud with a genuine answer. Looks like Reynolds is getting a little jealous about what a nice guy Jackman is. Yes true.
The conversation went something like this:
- BATEMAN: What happened, who teased someone?
- Reynolds: You know Hugh Jackman is… I really shouldn’t say that, but he… He makes kindness look like murder. I mean he really is the best guy you’ll ever meet. And it drives me crazy sometimes.
- Bateman: Although…
- Reynolds: No, unfortunately, but there isn’t. He really is the real deal.
- BATEMAN: You’re questioning the sincerity of his kindness.
- Reynolds: No, it’s just infuriating because I want to–
- ARNETT: Because it’s so real.
- Bateman: I get it.
- Reynolds: No, I want to embody that sense of goodness that Hugh Jackman has.
- BATEMAN: And it turns into anger for you.
- Reynolds: I like to understand it to some degree, so we sometimes hate and attack things we don’t understand.
- Bateman: Mimi.
- Reynolds: That’s why I hate Hugh and curse him, and he definitely gives in return because he’s nothing if not a player. And it is like this. But in reality he is like the Sherpa of my life. He is one of the best people I know.
So in the end, it comes down to the simple fact that Jackman is too good for Reynolds, doesn’t want to pop on him when he can, and Hugh Jackman is willing to give as good as he can because he knows that. It would make Ryan Reynolds happy. While it is well known that the pair are really really good friends and despite taking every opportunity to give hell to each other, there are many occasions when they have been seen really promoting each other when in need. I think especially in these current times, we all need a friend who is happy to knock you down most of the time, but is always there for you so you need them. Their differences may be made public for a long time.