RD Burman, popularly known as Pancham Da, is remembered as one of those musical geniuses who had a unique style of music. He is also credited with introducing new elements (jazz and rock style) in Hindi film songs. As Burman worked with international artists, his approach to music was more global in nature.
His work has also influenced many new generation artists. Vishal Shekhar, Amit Trivedi and many others admitted that they have been inspired by Pancham Da on various occasions.
Although RD Burman was popular for his Hindi film music, Pancham da also wrote Bengali, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi tracks.
Here are some of RD Burman’s best Hindi songs:
1. Do Lafzon Ki Hai (The Great Gambler)
2. You are naaz nah zindagi (innocent)
3. Kuchh Na Kahlo (1942: A Love Story)
4. Piya tu ab aaja (caravan)
5. You stole the heart (procession of memories)
6. In the journey of life (I swear)
7. Bachna Ae Haseeno (We are not a kiss)
8. Nam Gum Jayaga (Kinra)
9. Ye Dosti (Sholay)
10. Hum Bewafa Hargiz Na (Shalimar)
11. Face is this (Sea)
12. From your life without joy
13. spark no rage (undying love)
14. Come in arms (ring finger)
15. Pink Eye (Train)
16. My Naina Sawan Bhadon (Mehbooba)
17. Dekha na Haye Re (Bombay to Goa)
18. Some of my beauty (respect)
19. Kehadun Tume (Devar)
20. A clever Nar (Padosan)
Pancham da died on 4 January 1994.