Veteran actor Randhir Kapoor, who is treating COVID-19 at a hospital here on Sunday, said that he has been shifted out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).
The 74-year-old actor was admitted to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital as he tested positive for the novel coronavirus earlier this week.
“I am doing much better. I was in the ICU for a day and then they kicked me out because I had no breath or needed oxygen. I had a high temperature. I am better now, ”Randhir Kapoor told PTI.
The actor told that he will be discharged soon.
“I am eager to get out. My children asked me to be admitted to the hospital (given the COVID-19 scenario), ”he said.
Randhir Kapoor, who is the eldest son of actor-filmmaker Raj Kapoor, lost his younger brothers Rishi Kapoor (67) and Rajiv Kapoor (58) within a year.
After working as a child in the 1950 films Shree 420 and Do Ustad, Randhir Kapoor acted as a lead hero in his self-directed debut film Kal Aaj and Kal in 1971.
He acted in films like Zeenat, Jawani Diwani, Lafange, Rampur Ka Lakshman, Haath Ki Safai.
He later directed two more films – Dharam Karam, featuring father Raj Kapoor, Rekha, Dara Singh and the 1991 blockbuster romantic drama “Mehendi” starring Rishi Kapoor.
Apart from Henna’s support, Randhir Kapoor has also produced films like Prem Granth and Aa Ab Laut Chalen, which is also the last film under the family banner of RK Films.
Her recent big screen appearances include Housefull, Housefull 2 and Super Granny.
Randhir Kapoor married actor Babita but they are now separated. The pair have two daughters – Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor Khan.