OnePlus moves closer to Oppo but says brand is here to stay

oneplus-nord-ce-review-product-3

The OnePlus Nord CE, seen here, recently launched in Europe. 


Andrew Hoyle/CNET

Chinese phone companies OnePlus and Oppo are moving closer together. In a post on the OnePlus forum on Wednesday, CEO Pete Lau said the company will “further integrate our organization with OPPO.” The OnePlus brand isn’t going away though, and Lau said OnePlus will continue to launch products, hold events and engage with customers. 

Oppo and OnePlus, as well as other phone brands, are both owned by a Chinese conglomerate called BKK Electronics. The two phone companies started integrating some teams last year when Lau took over product strategy for both OnePlus and Oppo.

“With this deeper integration with OPPO, we will have more resources at hand to create even better products for you,” Lau said in the post. “It will also allow us to be more efficient, for example, bringing faster and more stable software updates for OnePlus users.”

In the short term, it doesn’t appear much will change for OnePlus customers. The company is known for its feature-rich phones that come at a more affordable price. In April, OnePlus also launched its first smartwatch, the OnePlus Watch. Lau said OnePlus’ commitment to customers “remains the same.”

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!