Narayan Jagadeesan, affectionately called “Jaggi” by close circles, is a rising star in the Indian cricket firmament. Hailing from Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, this 28-year-old wicket-keeper batsman has carved a niche for himself with his flamboyant batting and agile glovework.
Narayan Jagadeesan Biography
Narayan Jagadeesan is an Indian cricketer born on December 24, 1995, in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He is a right-handed wicket-keeper batsman who plays for Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket and Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
His journey, though still in its early chapters, is already etched with remarkable achievements and promises an exciting future. He is the first player to score centuries in five consecutive innings in men’s List A cricket.
Jagadeesan made his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu in 2016 and has since been a consistent performer for the team. He has also played for Chennai Super Kings in the IPL from 2018 to 2022.
Narayan Jagadeesan Early Life and Career
Jagadeesan’s cricketing odyssey began in his hometown, where he honed his skills at the PSG College of Arts and Science and the Stanes Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School.
His talent soon gained recognition, leading him to represent Tamil Nadu across various age groups – Under-14s, Under-19s, Under-22s, Under-23s, and Under-25s.
In 2016, his potential blossomed fully. A stellar performance in the Tamil Nadu Premier League (TNPL) caught the eye of cricketing enthusiasts. He amassed 397 runs in just eight innings, striking five fifties – the most in the tournament.
This feat paved the way for his first-class debut for Tamil Nadu in the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy. He marked his entrance with a bang, scoring an unbeaten 123 and bagging the player-of-the-match award.
Jagadeesan’s prowess wasn’t restricted to the longer format. He made his Twenty20 debut for Tamil Nadu in the same season and his List A debut soon after. Since then, he has consistently delivered impressive performances across all formats, solidifying his position as a key player in the domestic circuit.
Narayan Jagadeesan Major Achievements in Cricket
Narayan Jagadeesan, the 28-year-old wicket-keeper batsman from Tamil Nadu, is rapidly carving his name into Indian cricket history.
His journey, though still young, is already adorned with remarkable feats, showcasing his immense talent and promising a bright future. Let’s delve into some of his major achievements:
Record-breaking Batting skills:
Highest Individual Score in List A Cricket:
- In November 2022, Jagadeesan smashed a world record 277 runs against Arunachal Pradesh in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, surpassing the previous record of 268.
- This knock was a display of pure dominance, featuring 24 boundaries and 15 sixes.
First Player to Score Centuries in Five Consecutive List A Innings:
- Following his record-breaking innings, Jagadeesan continued his hot streak by scoring centuries in the next four matches, becoming the first player ever to achieve such a feat in men’s List A cricket.
- This consistency showcased his incredible batting form and mental strength.
Other Notable Batting Feats:
- Jagadeesan’s achievements extend beyond these two monumental records. He holds the record for the joint-fastest double century in List A cricket (114 balls) and has scored the most sixes in an innings in the Vijay Hazare Trophy (15).
- He has also consistently delivered impressive performances across all formats, including the Ranji Trophy and the Tamil Nadu Premier League.
Rising Star in the IPL:
- IPL Debut and Growing Recognition: Jagadeesan’s talent caught the eye of the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises early on.
- He was first picked up by the Chennai Super Kings in 2018 and later acquired by the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2022.
- While his initial opportunities were limited, he has showcased glimpses of his aggressive batting style on the big stage, proving his potential for future success in the IPL.
Inclusion in India A Squad:
- Jagadeesan’s consistent performances have earned him recognition at the national level.
- In 2023, he was selected for the India A squad for the tour of South Africa, a significant step towards potential inclusion in the senior team.
Narayan Jagadeesan Net Worth
Narayan Jagadeesan’s net worth is estimated to be around ₹10 crores (US$1.3 million). This includes his salary from the Indian Premier League (IPL), sponsorship deals, and other sources of income.
Jagadeesan’s IPL salary is estimated to be ₹2 crores (US$260,000) per season. He is also signed to several sponsorship deals, including with brands such as Adidas, MRF Tyres, and Flipkart.
Visit Homepage To Get Relevant Content.