Whether you are checking to see how traffic is on the way to work or if you are traveling somewhere you’ve never been,It has useful features that can help prevent disappointment along the way – especially traveling by car is expected to start soon.
AAA predicts that by the Memorial Day weekend, there will be a 60% increase in travel compared to the previous year. So if you have never used, Now would be a good time. This can help ensure that you arrive at your destination on time as well as prevent you from getting lost along the way. with this , The Google Maps app also serves as your co-pilot to take you from point A to point B with a little frustration.
We will show you how to find these features along with many other tips to get ahead. This article is updated from time to time.
- 1 Live View allows you to see where you are going without looking away from your phone
- 2 Use Google Maps offline when your signal is not strong
- 3 Hide your location using Google Maps incognito mode
- 4 Planning multiple stops along the way? Google Maps can calculate the time at which it will deal
- 5 Easily find somewhere to park somewhere instead of circling around the streets
- 6 See Street View of the place you plan to visit
Live View allows you to see where you are going without looking away from your phone
When you park your car five blocks away from your destination, it can be difficult to follow a small blue dot to figure out where you are going. Together, You can see exactly where you are going by holding the screen of your phone.
This feature uses your camera to scan buildings around you and places a large arrow on the display to help you find the exact location. Here’s how to use it.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your destination and tap guidance.
2. Choose walking Icon at the top of the map screen.
3. At the bottom of the screen, tap live View Button. It is located next to Start Button.
4. Point your camera at buildings and street signs (note that you will need to give the app access to your camera). When you start walking towards your destination, big arrows and street names will appear on your screen to guide you.
Use Google Maps offline when your signal is not strong
It never fails. When you need directions the most, your phone loses signal at the most inappropriate time. Luckily, Google Maps lets you download your route ahead of time so you never have to worry about getting lost.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your destination.
2. At the bottom of the screen, tap on the place’s name or address.
3. Tap on the three-point menu in the upper-right corner.
4. Tap Download offline map.
5. Tap download. The map of the area you have selected will now be available offline to you.
Hide your location using Google Maps incognito mode
Gives you a feature for Android and iPhone users. This means that you can hide your location from other map users as well as the places you searched. So if you are trying to surprise someone special with a fancy necklace, then this is what you have to do.
Open the Google Maps app, tap your profile icon in the top right corner and select Turn on incognito The mode. When you’re ready to turn off the settings, follow the same steps and choose Turn off incognito mode.
Planning multiple stops along the way? Google Maps can calculate the time at which it will deal
If Google says that your journey will take seven hours, but it will be eight hours, it may be because you have not included many of your stops along the way. Google Maps lets you add stops so that you can get a more accurate destination time.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter your first destination, such as a gas station or coffee shop.
2. Tap guidance.
3. Tap on the three-dot menu in the top-right corner.
4. Tap Add stop. Add as many stops as you are expected to take.
5. Press done When you are finished adding stops. Now, you will get a more accurate ETA when planning trips.
Easily find somewhere to park somewhere instead of circling around the streets
It is necessary to know where you can park your car and what not, especially if you are running late for work or driving to an unfamiliar location. Instead of driving around and hoping that you will eventually find a parking spot, use Google Maps to point you in the right direction.
1. In the Google Maps app, enter the location where you will need to park.
2. Tap guidance.
3. You’ll see P The icon next to the estimated time it takes to get to that location. Tap on P (For parking). If P is red, it means that parking will be limited. Blue means finding parking will be easy or moderately challenging
4. Tap Find parking.
5. A list of parking areas will appear. Select one of the options and tap Add parking. The parking lot will be added as the first stop of your route and you can continue to your next destination.
See Street View of the place you plan to visit
Photos can be deceiving, so before booking a good looking hotel, first look it up on Google Maps.
1. In the Google Maps app, search for a place, such as a hotel in which you are considering a stay.
2. In the lower left corner, you will see a small box with a picture of the building. This is a street view of the area, so tap it to see what it looks like.
3. You can zoom in and out by swiping your finger across the screen and checking the area.
Want more tips? Here is one. Also, check these out And .