If you file online and select direct deposit, the approximate time frame for receiving your tax return is shown in the IRS deposit schedule 2024. Based on the date that the IRS receives and processes your tax return, the schedule is created. Most refunds, according to the IRS, will be processed within 21 days of receipt.
IRS Deposit Schedule 2024
The good news for those who submitted their returns using the direct deposit option is that the timing of your refund is primarily determined by your filing method, accuracy of your information, and prompt completion.
If you file your return electronically and select the direct deposit option, you will receive your refund in 10–14 days. Those who file their returns using the other methods will receive their refund later. As IRS has not released any official schedule of direct deposit but here is an anticipated schedule for direct deposit:
|Direct Deposit Sent
|29 January 2024
|9-12 February 2024
|5 February 2024
|15-19 February 2024
|12 February 2024
|22-26 February 2024
|19 February 2024
|29 February-3 March 2024
|26 February 2024
|7-11 March 2024
|4 March 2024
|14-18 March 2024
|11 March 2024
|21-25 March 2024
|18 March 2024
|28 March-1 April 2024
|25 March 2024
|5-9 April 2024
|1 April 2024
|11-15 April 2024
|8 Openl 2024
|18-22 April 2024
|15 April 2024
|25-29 April 2024
The above table’s projected refund payment dates are derived on prior years’ data as well as IRS processing criteria. Based on the week that the IRS accepts your return and approves your refund, it displays the date on which your refund will be processed and paid.
Please be aware that these are only estimates that may change depending on things like your IRS cycle code, extra security checks, or manual reviews. Refunds are typically anticipated to be handed out 21 days after acceptance, processing, and approval.
How does the IRS Direct Deposit work?
Receiving money via direct deposit is a practical and secure method. Through an electronic network, money is instantly transferred into the recipient’s account.
The recipient must supply the name of their bank, account number, and bank’s routing number to the individual or company making the deposit in order for the money to be transferred from the payer.
Tax refunds, investment redemptions, retirement account payments, employee salaries, and government benefits like Social Security are frequently transferred via this technique.
The IRS also provides this facility to choose a direct deposit method while people file their returns because of its security and speed. An individual has to choose this method at the time of filing return and he/she will get their refunds earlier than paper checks.
What are the benefits of IRS Direct Deposit?
The following are some advantages of IRS Direct Deposit:
- Because direct deposit eliminates the need to wait for your check to clear, you may access your cash sooner.
- It’s not necessary for you to rush to the bank or stand in line to deposit your check. On payday, your money is sent automatically into your account.
- You lower the possibility of misplacing, having your check stolen, or having it returned to the IRS as undeliverable. The encryption and security protocols of the bank also protect your money.
- Because every transaction is documented electronically, it is simple to keep track of your income and spending. Your financial documents are also more structured and there is less clutter from paper.
- You may program automated payments for your credit cards, mortgage, and utilities, among other ongoing expenses. You can prevent late fines and never miss a deadline by doing this.
How to check the IRS Direct Deposit Return?
You can utilize the following techniques to find out the status of your IRS Direct Deposit Return:
- Use the IRS2Go application or the “Where’s My Refund?” function. In order to get status and view this information, you will want your Social Security number, filing status, and precise refund amount.
- Within 24 hours of the IRS receiving your electronically filed return, or four weeks after sending a paper return, you can check the status of your refund.
- Make a call to 800-829-1954, the IRS Refund Hotline. If you provide your Social Security number, filing status, and amount owed for your refund, an automatic system will present you with your refund status.
Go to Homepage To Get Relevant Topics.