How To Use The New Disney Plus GroupWatch Feature
Now you can watch shows like Disney + Mandalorian Through the new GroupWatch feature of the streaming service virtually with their friends.
The feature allows up to seven people to simultaneously watch the same show or movie on Disney + by syncing the screen. You can also share emoji responses with your friends while watching.
You can connect with any of your friends who are monthly Disney + customers. When you can’t see or message your friends with GroupWatch, Disney reportedly wants to add a chat feature in the future.
How to use GroupWatch on Disney +
- Open the app or website and choose which show or movie you want to watch.
- Click the icon with the three people at the far right of the play icon.
- Send the invite link to your friends via text, email or any other messaging option.
- Once everyone is linked and added, any participant can click on the start stream.
- While watching, one can pause, move faster, or rewind the stream.
Digital trends reached Disney to find out if and when, as more features such as chat options would be available for GroupWatch. We will update this story when we hear back.
Disney is the latest streaming service to provide a shared stream feature: Netflix has a third-party Netflix party and Amazon has an Amazon Prime Video Watch party. These options have gained even more popularity during the epidemic as people are limited to being physically outdoors with their friends or family, but can still virtually enjoy a movie night together.