Guillermo del Toro has become one of the greatest genre filmmakers in the business over the past few decades, adoring fantastic worlds and terrifying creatures. pan’s Labyrinth And water sizeBut only after a series of awards later in 2017 has the director been in demand more than ever. One of his latest projects is the Netflix anthology series cabinet of curiosities. once developed Guillermo del Toro presents 10 After Midnight, the project sees del Toro step away from the camera and instead ropes in some of the horror genre’s best filmmakers to direct some of the business’s best actors through eight tales of terror.
According to Netflix, the series, “will challenge our traditional notions of horror. From macabre to magical, gothic to grotesque or classically horror, eight horrifying tales — including two original works by del Toro — will be brought to life by a team of writers. and the directors were selected individually water size film producer.”
- The full list of episodes and their directors/actors have been released, and the series ends as follows:
- Essie Davis (Babadook), Andrew Lincoln (the walking dead), and Hannah Galway (sex/life) Star in an episode written (based on an original story) guillermo del toro) and directed by Jennifer Kent (Babadook)
- Amadeus Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham (mythic quest), Glyn Terman (Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom), and Luke Roberts (ransom) David S. Will appear in an episode written by Goyer (dark Knight) (based on a short story by Michael Shea), and directed by David Pryor (empty man)
- Tim Blake Nelson (watchman), Elpidia Carrillo (excitement), Demetrius Gros (fear the walking dead), and Sebastian Roche (The Man in the High Castle) star in an episode written by Regina Corrado (deadwood; Stain) (based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro); and directed by Guillermo Navarro (Godfather of Harlem; Narcos)
- Crispin Glover (River bank) and Ben Barnes (shadow and bone) star in an episode written by Lee Patterson (curve) (based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft) and directed by Keith Thomas (fire starter)
- Peter Weller (Star Trek Into Darkness) stars in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (Mandy), who also writes with Aaron Stewart-Ann.
- Mika Watkins (OriginalAn episode directed by Katherine Hardwicke (based on a short story by H.P. Lovecraft) writes (dusk); with the announcement of the cast
- David Hewlett (See) written and directed by Vincenzo Natalie (based on a short story by Henry Kuttner) cast in an episode (Hannibal)
- Haley Jade Boston (brand new cherry flavor) serves as writer for an episode directed by Anna Lily Amirpour (based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll) (a girl goes home alone at night) to be confirmed with the cast.
There are some general rules about movie and TV projects, and one of them reminds us that if Crispin Glover included, it would be worth taking the time to have a look. There is currently no news on when the series will hit the platform, but it is already looking like a diabolical treat.
Subject: Cabinet of Curiosities, Netflix