Hello and welcome back to Equity, TipsClear’s venture capital-focused podcast, where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines.
Here on Equity Monday we take a look at what happened on the weekend, what’s next, and some recent funding rounds. As you will hear, we are coming back to our normal rhythms and themes, but if you want to learn a little more about what you can do to make your voice heard as opposed to racist policing, last week’s episode Worth listening to Service.
We got up this morning:
- Alexis Ohanian announces that he is going down the board of Reddit. He hopes to be replaced by a Black American.
- Airbnb local bookings are recovering, in a boon for high-priced unicorns. Airbnb had to cut staff earlier this year after the global travel market dried up.
- Reliance Jio sold another large amount for itself. 1.16% for $ 750 million this time.
- The volume to ride Didi is back to where it was a year ago. This is good news for domestic ride companies.
- Next we earn from Chewy, Adobe and Stitch Fix.
- Energysquare raised a € 3 million seed round, Germany-based Novapump raised what the reports call a “seven-digit financing round” and Inky, a cyber security startup based in Maryland, USA, put together a $ 20 million Series B Is kept. .
And, finally, we are curious about what is the sense of speed behind Vroom? It raised its IPO price range, and we have questions.
Equity drops every Friday at 6:00 am PT, so subscribe to us Apple Podcast, Overcast, Spotify And all castes.