Today, September 15, 2021, marked the final day of operations for dozens of Disney Store locations. Earlier this year, The Walt Disney Company confirmed that it would be “significantly reducing” its number of locations in North America.
Related: Mom Suing Disney Over Face Mask Policy Speaks Out
At the time of the original announcement in March, a statement from Disney read, in part:
Today Disney announced plans to focus on its ecommerce business and significantly reduce its brick-and-mortar footprint, beginning with the closure of at least 60 stores in North America this year.
Over the next year Disney will focus on providing a more seamless, personalized and franchise-focused ecommerce experience through its shopDisney platform which will be complemented by greater integration with Disney Parks apps and social media platforms. This will be coupled with an assortment of new and elevated merchandise from the Company’s full range of brands, including adult apparel collections and artist collaborations, trend-forward streetwear, premium home products and collectibles.
Related: As Disney Stores Are Closing, shopDisney Needs Major Improvements
Since that time, dozens of Disney Stores not only in the United States and Canada, but Europe, too, have said “See ya real soon” for the last time. As of today, the following Disney Store locations are no longer open to Guests:
- Tempe: Arizona Mills, 5000 Arizona Mills Circle
- Tucson: Tucson Premium Outlets, 6401 W. Marana Center Blvd.
- Brea: Brea Mall, 1065 Brea Mall
- Carlsbad: Carlsbad Premium Outlets, 5610 Paseo Del Norte
- Cerritos: Los Cerritos Shopping Center, 163 Los Cerritos Center
- Concord: Sunvalley Mall, 1 Sunvalley Mall
- Daly City: Serramonte Center, 25 Serramonte Center
- Fresno: Fashion Fair, 587 E Shaw Ave.
- Gilroy: Gilroy Premium Outlet, 681 Leavesley Road
- Lakewood: Lakewood Center, 88 Lakewood Center Mall
- Los Angeles: Westfield Century City, 10250 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Modesto: Vintage Faire, 3401 Dale Road
- National City: Westfield Plaza Bonita, 3030 Plaza Bonita Road
- San Francisco: Stockton Street, 39 Stockton St. (Closing on or before Sept. 8)
- Santa Clara: Westfield Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Boulevard
- Sherman Oaks: Westfield Fashion Square, 14006 Riverside Drive
- Thousand Oaks: The Oaks, 350 West Hillcrest Drive
- Torrance: Del Amo Fashion Center, 21712 Hawthorne Blvd.
- Valencia: Valencia Town Center, 24201 West Valencia Blvd.
- Danbury: Danbury Fair, 7 Backus Ave.
- Farmington: Westfarms Mall, 500 Westfarms Mall
- Doral: Miami International Mall, 1455 Northwest 107th Ave.
- Lutz: Tampa Premium Outlets, 2300 Grand Cypress Drive
- Miami: Dadeland Mall, 7527 Dadeland Mall
- Orlando: The Florida Mall, 8001 So. Orange Blossom Trail
- Buford: Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive
- Aurora: Chicago Premium Outlets, 1650 Premium Outlet Blvd.
- Chicago: North Michigan Avenue, 717 North Michigan Ave. (Closing on or before Sept. 1)
- Gurnee: Gurnee Mills, 6170 West Grand Ave.
- Schaumburg: Woodfield Mall, 1600 Golf & Meacham Road
Maryland Disney Store closing
- Clarksburg: Clarksburg Premium Outlets, 22705 Clarksburg Road
- Burlington: Burlington Mall, 75 Middlesex Turnpike
- Wrentham: Wrentham Village Premium Outlets, 1 Premium Outlets Blvd.
- Auburn: Great Lakes Crossing, 4286 Baldwin Road
- Chesterfield: St. Louis Premium Outlets, 18521 Outlet Blvd.
- Las Vegas: Las Vegas South Premium Outlets, 7400 Las Vegas Blvd. South
- Merrimack: Merrimack Premium Outlet, 80 Premium Outlets Blvd.
- Deptford: Deptford Mall, 1750 Deptford Center Road
- Edison: Menlo Park Mall, 55 Parsonage Road
- Jackson: Jackson Premium Outlets, 537 Monmouth Road
- Paramus: Garden State Plaza, 1 Garden State Plaza Blvd.
- Central Valley: Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, 191 Marigold Court
- Elmhurst: Queens Center, 90-15 Queens Boulevard
- Lake Grove: Smith Haven Mall, 313 Smith Haven Mall Road
- Niagara Falls: Fashion Outlets of Niagara Falls, 1900 Military Road
- Charlotte: SouthPark Mall, 4400 Sharon Road
- Concord: Concord Mills, 8111 Concord Mills Blvd.
- Limerick: Philadelphia Premium Outlet, 18 West Lightcap Road
- Whitehall: Lehigh Valley Mall, 217 Lehigh Valley Mall
- Nashville: Opry Mills, 433 Opry Mills Drive
- Houston: Houston Galleria, 5015 Westheimer Road
- McAllen: La Plaza Mall, 2200 South 10th St.
- Mercedes: Rio Grand Valley Premium Outlets, 5001 East Expressway 83
- Round Rock: Round Rock Premium Outlets, 4401 North Interstate Highway 35
- Salt Lake City: City Creek Center, 51 South Main Street
- Woodbridge: Potomac Mills, 2700 Potomac Mills Circle
Tukwila: Westfield Southcenter, 536 Southcenter Mall
Related: Target Starts Installing More Disney “Shop-in-Shop” Locations!
If you would like to find out if your Disney Store location is closing, the entire process can be completed using the retailer’s official online store finder.
It is important to note that these ongoing Disney Store closures do not impact shops, such as World of Disney, at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.
Related: First-Ever Disney Store Closes Doors For Good
Furthermore, Disney recently expanded its partnership with retail giant, Target, and over 100 more stores around the nation will be receiving Disney “shop-in-shop” locations.
What are Disney fans saying?
Disney lovers — especially those who don’t live near a Disney Park — are devastated by the news of even more Disney Stores permanently closing today.
Pumpkin Spiced Itzy wrote:
i will miss u dearly michigan ave disney store
i will miss u dearly michigan ave disney store 🥺💔✨ pic.twitter.com/XrHdLkU67l
— pumpkin spiced itzy 🎃 (@itzybitzyminnie) August 27, 2021
Caroline Twells beseeched the company to listen to fans and stop closing stores:
It’s apparently come to this…@DisneyStoreGBR you need to stop closing the stores!! You are literally breaking my heart what in the world do you expect us to do? #disney #disneystore #PleaseRT
— caroline twells (@caztwells) September 15, 2021
Destiny Ramirez is also devastated by the closure of her local Disney Store:
Knowing the Disney store is officially closed breaks my heart
Knowing the Disney store is officially closed breaks my heart 🥺
— destiny ramirez (@destinnyramirez) September 15, 2021
Are you devastated by Disney’s continued Disney Store closures?