Have you ever watched the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory — especially the opening montage — and thought, “How fun would it be to make candy for a living?”. Do you enjoy watching the Disneyland Candy Cane Makers at Christmas and thought that their jobs looked like something you would love to do? If you answered yes, then Disneyland is looking for you!
Disneyland is currently looking to hire a part-time Candy Maker to help spread some delicious Disney magic. In the posting, listed on DisneyCareers.com, the Candy Maker job will entail the following:
Candy Maker Cast Members will be assisting with all overall candy production, which includes preparing menu items from recipes for consumption throughout the resort. They will also be responsible for promoting a fun and creative working environment and partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product.
The best part about the job listing is that knowing how to make candy is not required (although it is preferred)! Disney will teach you everything that you need to know. However, there are some basic qualifications that must be met for those who would like to apply — and they are listed below.
- You must be 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Ability to multitask and work in a very fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and special events
- This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week, including nights and holidays.
Again, knowing how to make candy is not required, but it is preferred. Disneyland would also prefer applicants who are or have been enrolled in some type of culinary program, and someone who has Food Safety Certification.
Disneyland has a number of homemade treats that are incredibly popular with Guests — including numerous candy apples, marshmallow wands, crisped rice treats, peanut butter patties, cookies, and more! To apply for the part-time Candy Maker position, click here or go to the Disney Careers website.
What is your favorite Disneyland treat? Let us know in the comments!
CLICK HERE to book your fun-filled foodie Disney adventure today with our friends at Academy Travel!