If you work from home, you’ll spend a lot of time at your desk—hours and hours each day. So, it makes sense that you’ll want to pick out a workstation that is both attractive and functional. Fortunately, there are plenty of places you can shop online for a desk, including online-only sites, familiar big-box retailers online, and smaller brands. Many sites offer hundreds of options to choose from, ranging from compact desks for tighter spaces to L- or U-shaped options for a more sprawling set.
1. IKEA offers desks that are modern, stylish, and affordable. With desks starting at under $100, it’s easy to get the workspace you need for your home office on any budget. And with desks available in dozens of colors and styles, you can find your perfect fit. Additionally, IKEA has desks that are sized specifically for laptops so you don’t have to work at an oversized desk just because you use a computer all day.
2. For desks made from sustainable materials like bamboo or acacia wood, check out Place & Company . The site carries desks that range from small corner desks that counter height to large desks—like the one pictured below—that can easily be divided into two desks.
3. For desks that are made in the USA, check out Carolina Rustica . The company’ $300-$400 and come in different finishes and wood types—and you’re sure to find just what you need right here.
4. There are desks for all spaces at AllModern . They have desks with desks that range from contemporary to traditional, desks made of wood and metal, desks that can be used as tables or even desks that double as dressers. It’s easy to find what you need with so many options available.
5. For desks in stores near you, check out the following large retailers: Target , Crate & Barrel , Pottery Barn , West Elm , Room & Board , CB2 (along with all the other Zgallerie brands), Joss & Main , Wayfair (and all their sub-brands like Birch Lane) and Lulu & Georgia .
6s For desks on Amazon, check out Amazon Essentials . The best-selling desks are compact desks, laptop desks and desks with storage—all at affordable prices.
7. Looking for desks made from reclaimed wood? Check out Nadeau. The company takes old barns and other structures in the US, salvages the materials, then repurposes them into desks that are modern yet rustic. They also have desks made from old shipping containers.
8. Need even more options? Desk options are available on Wayfair , Target , Walmart online, Pottery Barn online , Crate & Barrel online , West Elm online , IKEA online , Amazon Essentials’ official website and Lulu & Georgia’s official website .
9. And don’t forget about Etsy! If you need your desk to be handmade or unique, shop through their selection of desks—and desks made from different materials. It’s easy to find the perfect desk with so many options available.
With thousands of options, you can sort by price, brand, wood finish, furniture material, and shape, and in most cases, shipping is free.
More desks are available for online delivery from Walmart than even most other online retailers. Whether you’re looking for a traditional desk, an L-shaped workstation, or something with some extra storage space, it’s worth checking out the site.
With desks starting at just $100 and ranging all the way up to some luxurious desks that cost over $1,000, Best Buy is an excellent low-cost option for any shopper—and its assortment of desks is unrivaled.
Although Ikea desks tend to be on the small side (if you’re not counting makeshift tables), sturdy, and affordable, it offers dozens of good desks made out of a variety of different materials.
Whether you’re looking for desks, office chairs, desks or even a new filing cabinet, Overstock is an excellent place to shop. In most cases, desks are categorized by price as well as size and shape/color.
Joss & Main
In addition to desks from conventional retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy—and those only available on Joss & Main—you can also find desks from a number of smaller furniture brands across the Internet.
Pottery Barn Pottery Barn offers desks in a range of sizes and styles that start at just $150. Plus many even offer free shipping with orders $49. And if they don’t have the desks you want, they’ll work with you to create one.
HGTV.com If HGTV isn’t your go-to site for home decorating ideas, it should be—the site has desks that are sleek and modern as well desks that are classic and refined. And if none of these options work for you, there are plenty more desks available at easily accessible big box retailers online.
Forbes.com Depending on what’s included in your workstation, most desks range in price from about $150 to over $1,000—but with some hunting around (and even generous coupon offers), you can find desks starting at just $50 or so on sites like Amazon.com.
In the world of desks, Amazon is one of the most popular destinations online—as it has desks from hundreds of different companies as well as thousands of desks from those brands. In addition, sites like Walmart and Best Buy have desks available for purchase online, just as Joss & Main’s site features dozens of desks from other less-popular furniture brands across the Internet.
Other popular choices include Ikea for its low prices and compact desks that are perfect for tighter spaces, Overstock for any shopper looking for desks or other home decor items, Pottery Barn, HGTV.com (in particular), and Forbes’s take on desks too. And if none of these desks is the desks you’re looking to buy, many big-box retailers online have desks available too. However, these desks aren’t for everyone—and if you’re someone who’s looking for desks but also wants desks primarily made out of wood, take a look at Ikea or Joss & Main instead.
What to Look for When Buying a Desk?
If you work from home, you’ll spend a lot of time at your desk—hours and hours each day. So, it makes sense that you’ll want to pick out a workstation that is both attractive and functional. Fortunately, there are plenty of places you can shop online for a desk, including online-only sites, familiar big-box retailers online, and smaller brands. Many sites offer hundreds of options to choose from, ranging from compact desks for tighter spaces to L- or U-shaped options for a more sprawling setup. Before buying one however, there are some things to keep in mind:
• When shopping for desks remember how much space you have available. If your budget is limited look for desks without drawers to save money.
• Make sure your desk matches the rest of your office furniture, or at least complement it.
• There’s no need to spend a ton of money on desks, but make sure it has plenty of room as well as an ergonomic design that will prevent strain and pain from long hours in front of the computer.