Epidemic effect Encouraged edtech startups and digital marketing agencies to collaborate more on the business world, helping brands survive the epidemic by bringing consumers closer to businesses.
Although overall spending on advertising slowed in 2020, it is expected to recover in 2021 and reach $ 630 billion in 2024. According to Statista, North America spends the most on advertising, with Asia and Western Europe in second place. The rest of Europe, Africa and the Middle East lagged behind.
Although total spending on advertising slowed in 2020, it is expected to recover in 2021 and reach $ 630 billion in 2024.
However, the Middle East is a symbol of great potential. According to Statista, it claims the highest growth, with digital advertising increasing by 600% in the Mena region between 2010 and 2015. Total advertising expenditure, while TV fell by 30%.
Digital advertising has many essential features in the Middle East region:
- According to a report by PwC, 39% of Middle East buyers use social media to find inspiration for a purchase, compared to a global average of 29%.
- Digital advertising spending in the MENA region ranged from $ 1 billion to $ 1.2 billion in 2020, due to the existence of shadow economies, political regulations, and informal trade.
- Paid social is a leading category in digital advertising spend in the MENA region. Saudi Arabia and Egypt are the largest in terms of active YouTube users.
- There are more than 500 digital agencies listed in the region. The UAE is a leader in large advertising agencies, while Egypt and Saudi Arabia are renowned for small and medium-sized agencies. Most digital marketing talent and creative resources reside in Egypt, Lebanon and Jordan, while most edtech startups originate in Israel, the UAE and Qatar, according to digital marketing consultant Yasser Ahmed.
- E-commerce is accelerating growth, hitting $ 17 billion in the Middle East in 2020, according to Statista, with many online shoppers increasing the frequency of purchases during the epidemic.