Alberta Works Payment Dates for January 2024 are disclosed, it is going to be released on December 21, 2023, for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped and Income Support clients.
Alberta Works Payment Dates 2024
Payment for Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) and Income Support (IS) is released on the first day of every month. If the first date falls on a holiday, then in this case the payment is released on the last working day of the previous month.
Payment for January 2024 is proposed to be released on 21st December 2023 as 1st January is New Year i.e. a holiday and the last working day of the month preceding that i.e. December 2023 is 21st December as it is followed by the Christmas holiday.
How will clients receive the Alberta Works Payment for January 2024?
Those clients, who receive the Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH) and Income Support (IS) in Alberta monthly, will receive the payment for January 2024 on December 21, 2023 via direct deposit and paper cheque.
Those who have signup to get the AISH or IS via direct deposit will receive their payment on December 21, 2023, while those who receives it via paper cheques may anticipate it to receive at their residential address within 3 business i.e. by December 24, 2023, most probably prior Christmas Day.
Who will receive the Alberta AISH or IS Payment for January 2024?
The AISH and SI payments are typically intended for individuals who meet the eligibility criteria for these programs. AISH is designed for individuals with severe disabilities, while Income Support provides financial assistance to Albertans in need.
To be eligible for AISH or IS payments, individuals need to meet specific age, residency, medical, and financial criteria as outlined by the Alberta government.
Only those who will receive the payment of December 21, 2023, for January 2024, who meet all eligibility criteria, already have enrolled in. e. applied. Their application has been accepted by the concerned officials as AISH or IS client.
What benefits are included in Alberta Works Payment?
Clients enrolled in the AISH and SI programs in Alberta receive various benefits to support their financial and health needs, which are Living Allowance, Child Benefit, Health Benefits, and Personal Benefits, get more details about it below.
- Standard living allowance for housing, dependent on other income.
- Modified living allowance for those in approved health facilities.
- The additional monthly amount for each dependent child.
- AISH Health Benefits Card covering:
- Prescription drugs (listed on the Government of Alberta Drug Benefit List).
- Dental services, including check-ups, cleaning, and more.
- Optical coverage, including eye exams and glasses.
- Diabetes supplies.
- Emergency ambulance trips.
- Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) items.
- Coverage for various health-related needs and services.
- Three types of personal benefits, including health-related, benefits for children, and other personal benefits.
- Assistance with costs for various health-related supports, equipment, and services.
- Coverage for specific needs related to children’s care or education.
- Support for emergencies, leaving an abusive home, employment, and training expenses, funeral arrangements, maintaining a home in a remote community, moving, and traveling for health-related services, court attendance, and training.
How to check if you are an AISH or IS client or not?
If you are among those who recently applied to receive the payment monthly payment of AISH or IS, and now want to check whether your application form is accepted or not i.e. find out that you are going to get the payment on December 21, 2023 or not, then you have to contact Alberta Supports Contact Centre by dialing the toll free number 1-877-644-9992.
Go to Bscnursing Homepage To Get Relevant content.