Horror fans, especially those interested in classic horror, have just been given a gift by The Critian Channel. The streaming service has announced a huge collection of 70s horror classics for the horror season only to come into service on time. It involves selecting the names of some of the most iconic filmmakers, sometimes dealing with the genre, including Tobe Hooper, George A.W. Romero, Wes Craven and David Cronenberg are just to name a few.
The Criterion Channel recently released a trailer detailing what’s in the collection. Per Criterion, “This tour through the 1970s nightmares is a veritable blood feast of perverted pleasures from a time when gore, chimes, and slug-in terror found a permanent home.” The trailer offers but a small taste of the tour, including a total of 29 classics, rarities and oddities from the decade.
Some of the bonafide horror classics are included in the collection, including the Wicker Man, Black christmas, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, the hills Have Eyes And Physical snatchers attack. But there are also many Undertones classics from the titans of the industry. Some examples include Robert Altman Images, Brian De Palma’s The sisters And michael crickton Coma. From slashers to thrillers and many Hammer films, there is a lot for genre fans. It should be noted that Tenant, Which is included in the collection, will not be available until 1 November.
Other streaming services and networks are fulfilling the horror wishes this Halloween. Especially since many filmmakers are still hesitating to go to theaters. And most theaters don’t have much in any way right now. But a series of classic horror films can be found in some places. Most mainstream streaming services on the classics are mild to say the least. So it serves as a unique offering in the streaming landscape.
All in all, Criterion Channel is a haven for classic cinema lovers. It was launched after filmstruck was discontinued and became a welcome replacement. The service costs $ 10.99 per month, or $ 99.99 annually, for those who are not already subscribed. You can see the complete list of films included in the collection below. People willing to subscribe before the 70s horror collection come to CriterionChannel.com on October 1.
- 70s Horror on the Cretarian Channel
- Trog, Freddie Francis, 1970
- Vampire lovers, Roy Ward Baker, 1970
- Daughters of darkness, Harry Kumel, 1971
- Let jessica scare you to death, John D. Hancock, 1971
- The nightcomers, Michael Winer, 1971
- Dracula e. 1972, Alan Gibson, 1972
- Images, Robert Altman, 1972
- death line, Gary Sherman, 1972
- Magical season, George A. Romero, 1972
- Insanity, George A. Romero, 1973
- Don’t look now, Nicholas Rogge, 1973
- Hemp and Hayes, Bill Gunn, 1973
- The sisters, Brian D. Palma, 1973
- Theater of blood, Douglas Hickox, 1973
- the Wicker Man, Robin Hardy, 1973
- Black christmas, Bob Clarke, 1974
- Deathdream, Bob Clarke, 1974
- It is alive, Larry Cohen, 1974
- the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Tobe Hooper, 1974
- Fever, David Cronenberg, 1975
- Tenant, Roman Polanski, 1976
- The witch who came from the sea, Matt Simber, 1976
- the hills Have Eyes, Wes Craven, 1977
- Deranged, David Cronenberg, 1977
- Coma, Michael Crickton, 1978
- Physical snatchers attack, Philip Kaufmann, 1978
- long weekend, Colin Eggleston, 1978
- Brood, David Cronenberg, 1979
- The driller killer, Abel Ferrara, 1979