Picture this: You open Tinder, you see the person of your dreams, and you swipe right. “It’s a match!” reads your screen, as both of your faces glow up at you, surrounded by a big cushy heart. But what now? Your throat starts to close, your heart rate speeds up, and your brain grows muddled as you try and think about what to say… If only you had the best Tinder pick up lines handy to wow them with your wit and charm.
Some people may say that Tinder pick up lines are outdated, but to that, I sincerely disagree. I asked almost everyone I know who uses dating apps, and the overwhelming consensus was good pick up lines are hard to ignore. In fact, this entire list is sourced from my friends and family who actually use these Tinder pick up lines. I also spent over twenty hours researching on Reddit and TikTok to bring you more than just “Are you from Tennessee?”
So if you’re looking to get a foot in the door with all your favorite matches, the best Tinder pick up lines will do just that. Attention grabbing, unique, and quite frankly, hilarious, these one liners are the ultimate key to unlocking the online dating world.
The most important thing to remember about Tinder pick up lines is if they’re delivered with confidence, you can’t lose. Sure, they may be kind of corny, but they’re guaranteed to get a good laugh out of your match, or at the very least, break the ice so you can get a conversation going.
If you’re looking for a quick answer to the best Tinder pick up lines, my guy friends live by: “do you believe in love at first swipe?” You can also drop a funny Tinder pick up line like: “I was always told to follow my dreams, but I’d rather follow your Instagram.” Finally, if all else fails, smooth Tinder pick up lines will also help you get to know someone. Try out: “Are we having breakfast in bed or going to bottomless brunch?”
Keep reading for our extensive list of the 52 best Tinder pick up lines to have in your back pocket at all times.
Best Tinder Pick Up Lines
The best Tinder pick up lines get results. They’re amusing, uncommon, and so much better than a basic “what’s up?” (or other boring questions you can ask a girl). While they’re not necessarily conversation starters, they’re designed to diffuse tension and open the door when you may not know where to start.
But what exactly is the anatomy of the best Tinder pick up lines? In my books, they’re funny, coy, and forward enough to show off a bit, without being crass or stuck up. Use these to get a smile out of whoever you want to speak with – these Tinder pick up lines are top notch when it comes to standing out from the millions of others using the app.
- Do you believe in love at first swipe or should we match again?
- Know any real estate agents? I’m trying to make a move here.
- No pen, no paper, but you still draw my attention.
- I’m not even playing chess, but I still pulled a Queen/King
- On a lazy Sunday are we exploring the city or building forts at home?
- Describe your day in emojis.
- I was always taught not to talk to strangers online, but I’ll make an exception for you.
- I want you to pay attention to the first three words of this sentence.
- You must be my Tinderella.
- If you could be with anyone in the world, who would it be, and why is it me?
Good Tinder Pick Up Lines
A good Tinder pick up line is creative enough to catch someone’s attention, with bonus points if you can score a giggle. They’re slightly silly and a bit ridiculous, but it’s impossible to keep a straight face when presented with one, especially out of the blue. These good Tinder pick up lines are worth saving for the moments when you need to impress with your brilliant humor… but just wait until you see our funny Tinder pick up lines in the next section.
- You seem pretty busy… any chance you can pencil me in?
- There’s a sale in my room… all clothes are 100% off.
- Are you good at math? Me neither. The only number I care about is yours.
- Are you French? Because ma-damn you’re fine.
- Do you have a shovel? Because I’m diggin’ ya.
- Well… here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- Would you like an Australian kiss? It’s like a French kiss but down under.
- I bet I can guess your birthday… October 10th because you’re a 10/10.
Funny Tinder Pick Up Lines
Pick up lines tend to be inherently funny. You know what they say, “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” Since your initial meeting is through a screen rather than face to face, you have to really put in work to earn the in-person meeting. The easiest way to do this is through cracking jokes and using funny Tinder pick up lines. If done correctly (my personal recommendation is to avoid potty talk), you’ll be way closer to a first date than if you use a boring “How was your day?”
- I was always told to follow my dreams but I’d rather follow your Instagram.
- I normally shoot for 8s, but I guess a 10 will do.
- Was your father a boxer? You’re a real knockout.
- I’m not Abraham but when are we Lincoln?
- Are you my appendix? Because I feel like I should take you out.
- You’re so hot that when you eat a piece of bread, you probably poop out toast.
- My mom always said I was a 9 out of 10, but I think I just found the 1 I need.
- Are you a sea lion? Because I can see you lying on my couch later.
- I’d take you to the movies, but you’re not allowed to bring your own snacks.
Smooth Tinder Pick Up Lines
Smooth Tinder pick up lines are some of the most highly sought after phrases to use in the online dating world. These expressions are as slick as ice, allowing you to put your style on full display and hopefully score a first date from it. Smooth Tinder pick up lines can be on the dirtier side, but as long as you read the vibes right and keep it lighthearted, your match will likely appreciate them.
- Are your laces tied? Because I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
- I could tell you a joke, but I’d rather make you scream than laugh.
- I didn’t have time to get in a workout today… Mind if I pick you up instead?
- I may be left handed but I can sure treat you right.
- What’s the difference between you and my sunglasses? My sunglasses sit higher on my face.
- I can’t find my keys… can I check in your pants?
- Know what’s on the menu? Me n u.
- I lost my phone, can you please call it for me? [insert number]
Tinder Pick Up Lines to Get to Know Someone
If you want to get to know someone right off the bat, these are some good Tinder pick up lines to use. Some combine humor with a get to know you question, while others are more straightforward and intentional. Use them as inspiration when deciding what to ask your Tinder match. If they’re the more serious type, this type of pick up line may go over better than the more corny options on this list.
- What five emojis describe you best? Mine are:
- Sushi or pizza?
- Are we having breakfast in bed or going to bottomless brunch?
- So… should we make up a story about how we met now?
- Two truths and a lie?
Corny Tinder Pick Up Lines
When you think of Tinder pick up lines, you probably think of the corny options first. This is where pick up lines like: “Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?” and “Are you tired from running through my mind all day?” belong. But since those are beyond overused, I’ve rounded up a new group of corny Tinder pick up lines if you’re looking for something just as cringe worthy, but slightly more creative.
- Do you have any water? I’m suddenly super thirsty.
- Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you.
- I hope you know CPR, because you just took my breath away.
- Are you a charger? Because I’m dying without you.
- I can’t fall asleep, so I’ll fall for you instead.
- You’re and your are two different words, because “you’re” mine and I’m “yours”.
- If I had a dollar for every time I think of you, I’d only have one dollar because you never leave my mind.
Cute Tinder Pick Up Lines
Last but not least are the cute Tinder pick up lines, written to make someone smile. These one liners are an adorable way to express interest in your matches without coming on too strong or acting like a try hard. That said, they’re still sweet enough to make anyone swoon, which is why they’re certainly worth using whenever you need one of the best Tinder pick up lines.
- Life is like a deck of cards, and you must be the queen of hearts.
- Even the keyboard thinks U and I should be together.
- Do you like magic? Cause Abra-Ka-DAYUM.
- I used to chase butterflies as a kid… I never thought you’d give me them for free.
- I always thought happiness began with an “h” but turns out it starts with “u”.
When it comes down to it, the best Tinder pick up lines are the most effective if you tailor them to your individual matches. There’s no one size fits all model for using Tinder pick up lines.
The most important thing you can do is read the room, understand the other person’s energy (or at least, as much as you can from their profile), and use a Tinder pick up line accordingly. As you can see from this list, there is no shortage of options, but it’s still worth choosing wisely.
The easiest way to talk to a girl on Tinder is to use one of the best Tinder pick up lines to break the ice and start the conversation on a lighthearted note. Once the door is open and you’re getting responses, you can start to speak on deeper subjects and hopefully land a phone number or first date. If you’re really stuck you can always think about questions to ask a guy or girl and go from there.
The best way to break the ice on Tinder is to use a pick up line. Pick up lines are an easy way to diffuse tension and keep things easy while still opening the door to a new person and opportunity.
You can flirt on Tinder in a variety of ways, like offering a compliment, asking questions for a new relationship, or our favorite method, dropping one of the best Tinder pick up lines. Each of these flirting methods will bring different results, but if you’re stuck wondering what to say, a pick up line from this list should get the flirty vibes flowing.